For the Salad:
Kale (olive oil or coconut oil and lemon for massaging)
Quinoa or Brown Rice
Lentils, Garbanzo or Cannellini Beans
½ lime juiced
¼ tsp chili powder ¼ tsp garlic powder
Pinch of salt and pepper
2-3 tbsp. of maple syrup or agave (honey if non-vegan)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare broccoli in bowl on the side. Can be fresh or frozen (clean or defrost, using 1-2 inch florets) Mix together broccoli, olive or coconut oil, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lime or lemon. Place on baking sheet and roast until the tips just start to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the quinoa or brown rice as directed by packaging or as you normally would. (Make sure to eliminate any additional flavorings, you won’t need it with the dressing!) Set aside.
- Drain (unsalted beans or lentils) or cook dried beans and lentils as directed. Again minimal seasoning during this process. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing by adding together all the ingredients and slowly adding 1 tablespoon at a time add the hot water until the dressing becomes pourable. Add seasonings to taste. (You can also add Siracha or other flavorful hot sauce here for some heat)
- Mix Kale, lemon, olive or coconut oil in a bowl and massage the kale for one minute allowing the mixtures to incorporate and the leaves to soften.
- Add Quinoa or Brown Rice to the bowl, Lentils or Beans, Kale, Avocado, Pumpkin Seeds (you can toast these or leave them raw), and drizzle with Peanut Dressing.
You can prepare the components of this salad ahead of time (beans and pasta). Salad will store well in the fridge but always add the Avocado right before enjoying to prevent browning.